Monday, February 4, 2008

Watchmen

Oooh! Color! Granted, color doesn't necessarily make something good, but I do enjoy the fact that we are reading something that employs color. I have seen V for Vendetta in the past, and, so far, I am not disappointed in reading another of Moore's works. Granted, we are going to be reading V for Vendetta soon enough, but I was excited to begin something by someone I've already been acquainted with. Again, my roommate stole and read the entirety of Watchmen before I even got a chance to open it. Unfortunately, he loved it so much, it no longer looks new. The cover is bent up and I'm a little upset about it, but there's not too much I can do.

So far, I do enjoy the violence (Yeah, that sounds bad, but it's a good departure from the lovey dovey crap we just read, not that Blankets was bad, but I tend to enjoy some good ol' fashioned action more so than whiney teenage love.) and the artwork is fantastic. I am quite confident that that Watchmen will live up to the hype that not only my neighbor and my roommate put on it, but also to the hype on the back.

No comments: