Monday, April 14, 2008

Berlin is an interesting graphic novel so far, and according to everything we talked about in class, so are all the blank bubbles. I am one to think that it's because of noise in the background, clearly going against what Spencer says. Every panel is in some sort of loud scene, even if it doesn't have the sound effects in the panels, it is clearly loud. A man in the street alone with a huge crowd of people in front of him? Loud. Two men about to charge over a hill where clearly explosions are going off in the back? Loud. Though, that's clearly just my opinion.

And on to this paper thing that we are to be writing. Damn it, I wanted to do a sculpture, you got my hopes up. What am I supposed to do now, actually write a paper that is talking about my neighbor and the culture of reading comics and how I walked in to his place yesterday asking him when we could talk and his girlfriend said "You want help with a paper from MICHAEL?" and then laughed.

I responded with "Yeah, he's going to help me write a comic book paper, and it's going to be awesome." To which she laughed, but then I said "And because MIke is an awesome reader of comic books, and he's awesome in general."
"Don't let him hear that! He doesn't need to let that go to his head!"
"What, you don't like comics? Come on!" And then I had to leave because she wasn't happy with any of that. But it just goes to show you, because he loves it doesn't mean that his girlfriend enjoys the same thing he does.

Then I went and made fun of my roommate for stealing my comic books and trying to hide the fact that he loves them, though it doesn't really matter as he's such a huge nerd anyway, this couldn't really add anything. Yea, that's right, Aaron, if you read this, you are a nerd, and I don't care what you have to say about that.

Clearly, I am an asshole.

No comments: