Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Oops. Apparently when I say an hour, I mean 24 hours, because I started reading Fun Home at work, got interuppted by a client, and didn't get around to posting about it. Lo siento. For all of you non spanish speakers out there, that means I'm sorry.

Anyway, down to the chase.

I actually enjoy reading this book for some reason, I can't quite place my finger on it. I've actually read all through chapter four without stopping (well, aside from that interruption) and found it intriguing. I don't know why, I mean, apparently the only thing written in the graphic format is homosexuality. And in my other class we are reading about pregnancy and abortion and it's really god damn irritating that that's what passes for good, modern work. It's all the fucking same. Get a new idea, I don't care if you are a homosexual, been there, seen that. It doesn't phase me. faze? Whatever. It's just bloody annoying that these topics are being approached like they should be cherished and praised. I'm not trying to say that we should hate them, but c'mon I've had this shoved down my throat already many times and I'm fairly tired of it.

Though I do enjoy the imagery and the characters, they are interesting. Can't wait to see what happens with the madre.

No comments: